Carolina Lifestyle – Health Care
Let's face it…Health Care and by that I mean at least good health care seems to be pretty close to the top of the list of what makes an area onto a list of the best places to live in the Carolinas.
However, depending upon your lifestyle needs you may require a very close proximity to some of North Carolina and South Carolinas leading providers.
Both North Carolina and South Carolina have excellent health care facilities and Medical Universities. However to be honest, geographical areas are not created equal where healthcare is concerned.
If your lifestyle includes the need for excellent health care facilities close by…
North Carolina is home to four medical universities:
- The UNC Health Care System is a not-for-profit integrated health care system, owned by the State of North Carolina and based in Chapel Hill.
- One of it's missions is teaching at the University of North Carolina and to provide state-of-the-art patient care.
- UNC Health Care has been granted broad powers by the North Carolina General Assembly to assure its management flexibility and competitiveness in a rapidly changing health care business environment.
- Duke offers every level of health service, from prevention and primary care to the most sophisticated specialty services, at locations throughout central North Carolina and beyond.
- The flagship Duke University Hospital on our Duke University Medical Center campus, Durham Regional Hospital, and Duke Raleigh Hospital — as well as home care and hospice services and dozens of primary and specialty care clinics in communities throughout the region.
- Wake Forest "University Baptist Medical Center (WFUBMC), one of the nation’s preeminent academic medical centers, is an integrated health care system that operates 1,056 acute care, rehabilitation, long-term, and psychiatric care beds, outpatient services, and community health and information centers.
- The Medical Center has 22 subsidiary or affiliate hospitals and operates more than 100 outreach activities throughout the region.
- University Health Systems strives to support local medical communities and to work with providers throughout the region to deliver quality care.
- The goal of East Carolina University is to enhance services that are available locally and to eliminate barriers involving time, distance and lack of awareness that sometimes prevent patients from receiving the care they need.
- "The MUSC Wellness Center in Charleston, SC is a facility dedicated to good health. The center fosters the development of healthy lifestyles through the promotion of wellness attitudes and practices.
Be sure as you research finding your best place to live in North Carolina and South Carolina, you decide on an area that serves your health care needs and before you move, find out the health care costs in that area.
No matter whether you decide to move to in North Carolina or South Carolina, you will be well cared for. Both states have excellent health care facilities.
© 2005-2012 Places of Value Inc. All Rights Reserved. Reproduction without permission prohibited.
|FREE AFFORDABLE BEST PLACES|
For more information on picking the Best Places to Live in North Carolina or South Carolina or more information about North Carolina and South Carolina Retirement and Relocation, subscribe to our FREE WEEKLY E-Newsletter The Carolina Report.
As my gift to you for becoming a member of the Places of Value community, you'll receive the Affordable Best Places Report.
|You'll learn about:|
|Cost of living||Economic growth||Affordable housing|
|Low crime rate||South Carolina Jobs||Best places to live|
|North Carolina Jobs
||and much more about||…|
|North Carolina and South Carolina|
I look forward to being your Expert for finding your Best Places to Live in North Carolina or your Best Places to Live in South Carolina.
And if you can't find what you are looking for, contact me.
About Bob Bencivenga
|Bob Bencivenga is a professional site locator and location analyst for major corporations. Bob researches the growth of NC and SC to find the Best Places to Retire or Relocate that are still affordable.|
Search Places Of Value for more information about finding YOUR Best Place to Live in North Carolina or South Carolina.
Have a question about the Lifestyle in Your Best Places To Live In North Carolina or South Carolina? Or having trouble finding what you're looking for? Have a quick question to help make your decision? Submit a question using this form for a speedy response.