Green Building In The Carolinas – Energy efficiency
Proper orientation of the home is the first step to energy efficiency. Whether your building your home in your best place to live or you have fallen in love with an existing home in need of repair, now is the time to make all the modifications you can to ensure your home is efficient.
Below is a list of the areas to ensure your home is energy efficient.
- Orient most of the windows and living areas to the south so you can catch the low, winter sun, and avoid the high, summer sun.
- Install low-e windows to reflect infrared rays, and save 25% of energy.
- Make sure to put awnings over windows.
- Make sure your ductwork is as air-tight as possible and insulated.
- Again whether building new or purchasing an older home, this is a critical factor in energy efficiency as well as it will save you money.
- Purchasing new or replacing and old furnace, make sure it is a 95% efficient unit.
- The same holds true for your refrigerator, which is one of the largest energy hogs in your home.
- Make sure it is energy efficient and is as close to 95% efficient as you can afford.
- Sunfrost is an excellent company with a full range of energy efficient products.
- All over the world, countries are waking up, and outlawing traditional incandescent bulbs.
- Save money and energy by switching to CFL’s and LED’s for your lighting.
- Using CFL’s, you’ll save 8 to 12 times the price of the incandescent
- Both CFL and LED lights burn much cooler
- Added benefit of both types of lights, they reduce the risk of fire
© 2005-2012 Places of Value Inc. All Rights Reserved. Reproduction without permission prohibited.
|FREE AFFORDABLE BEST PLACES|
For more information on picking the Best Places to Live in North Carolina or South Carolina or more information about North Carolina and South Carolina Retirement and Relocation, subscribe to our FREE WEEKLY E-Newsletter The Carolina Report.
As my gift to you for becoming a member of the Places of Value community, you'll receive the Affordable Best Places Report.
|You'll learn about:|
|Cost of living||Economic growth||Affordable housing|
|Low crime rate||South Carolina Jobs||Best places to live|
|North Carolina Jobs
||and much more about||…|
|North Carolina and South Carolina|
I look forward to being your Expert for finding your Best Places to Live in North Carolina or your Best Places to Live in South Carolina.
And if you can't find what you are looking for, contact me.
About Bob Bencivenga
|Bob Bencivenga is a professional site locator and location analyst for major corporations. Bob researches the growth of NC and SC to find the Best Places to Retire or Relocate that are still affordable.|
Search Places Of Value for more information about finding YOUR Best Place to Live in North Carolina or South Carolina.
Have a question about Green Living in Your Best Places To Live In North Carolina or South Carolina? Or having trouble finding what you're looking for? Have a quick question to help make your decision? Submit a question using this form for a speedy response.