Pressure, pressure, pressure.
What will I do?
Where will I take her?
What will I buy her (or him)??!!
Well, don’t worry guys…and gals.
This week I’ve devoted this blog to love and romance.
The Carolinas Best Places for Love and Romance!
We all have different ideas about romance and what we consider to be “romantic”, especially our better female half.
It can be pretty difficult and scary at times trying to figure out what will WOW her!
One of the things I love about North Carolina and South Carolina are all the wonderful romantic getaways you can plan.
For most of us, when we think about love and romance, it conjures up visions of couples walking hand in hand.
However, there’s a lot to love in the Carolinas.
Romance can be about taking the time to be quiet and just enjoy LIFE. An expensive gift isn’t necessary, but some great chocolate would help!
Once you do relocate or retire to your best place in North Carolina or South Carolina, remember it’s only the beginning.
You’re going to want to get out of the house and spend quality time embracing what you love (isn’t that part of the reason you moved there?), and if that’s with that special person, all the better.
Whether alone or with a significant other, I personally think both North Carolina and South Carolina are great for romance because they offer that wonderful combination of amazing natural beauty and charming, quaint, quiet places where the pace of life slows down a little.
Many of you who’ve spent time in either North Carolina or South Carolina or both, already know what I’m talking about, and for those who haven’t I hope you take some inspiration from the list of our Places of Value Best Romantic Places in North Carolina and South Carolina.
- Bald Head Island NC:
- Bald Head Island NC always gets top marks from those looking for a romantic getaway in North Carolina.
- Great sunsets, gentle sea breezes, miles of beaches, undisturbed natural habitat, wonderful lodgings and not only are you away from the mainland, but no cars as well.
- Charleston SC:
- Few places have the “Old South” southern charm like Charleston SC.
- And when was the last time you had a carriage rides along gas lit cobblestone streets?
- Or have you ever had the experience of bed and breakfasts in beautiful old homes, some hundreds of years old.
- Have a candle light dinner at a small restaurant in the city’s famed Historic district and see what I mean by “romantic”!
- The Mountains of North Carolina and South Carolina:
- It’s impossible for me to come up with just one place.
- Taking a drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway alone offers all types of romantic options.
- Stop at Mount Mitchell along the way. At 6,684 feet, you’ll get a much different view of the world!I really love all the natural beauty.
- There are so many romantic lovely places in both the North Carolina and South Carolina mountain regions.
- Rolling green ridges, fast moving mountain streams, beautiful lakes, hundreds of waterfalls and is there a better place to get cozy then a small mountain cabin or lodge?
- Beaufort SC:
- South Carolina’s busy beaches and sea islands are amazing, however, I really like the slower pace and low country charm of Beaufort, SC.
- Imagine a quaint seaside village with beautiful historic antebellum houses, lots of small, intimate restaurants, a wonderful nightlife and plenty for singles and couples, young and old, to do.
- Spas in the North Carolina Piedmont:
Well, Valentine’s Day is just around the corner.
And whether you’re spending it with that special someone or not, the real message of the day is LOVE!
Have a great Valentine’s Day
Bob Bencivenga is a professional site locator and location analyst for major corporations. Bob researches the growth of NC and SC to find the Best Places to Retire or Relocate that are still affordable.
Bob Does Not Sell Real Estate!
© 2005-2013 Places of Value Inc. All Rights Reserved. Reproduction without permission prohibited.